Open frame design
With its open frame, an integrated Bosch 500Wh PowerTube battery, Bosch’s Performance Line motor, and an 80mm travel fork, the 2022 Moustache Xroad 2 Open is the epitome of versatility and comfort. The Xroad comes equipped with practical and stylish accessories such as its luggage rack and powerful lights front and rear. The Xroad is as perfect for getting about day-to-day as it is for exploring further afield on the weekend.
With its triple cavity frame design Moustache haven’t needed to compromise on stiffness or weight unlike many other open frame designs flooding the bike industry. This design feat makes this bike perfect whether you’re looking for a daily commuter, getting off the beaten track, or simply getting some fresh air on the everyday commute.
Why did the team at Moustache labour over this frame design for three years? In order to have an ultra low-step frame, the top tube which provides most of the strength must be completely removed. Normally this will result in a frame with excessive flex giving wobbly handling. To add strength, budget bike manufacturers just add more metal so it weighs a ton!
For so many reasons the Moustache Xroad is Australia’s most sought after Rail Trail machine. With 80mm of trail-smoothing suspension, the perfectly balanced ride will have you riding further, faster, and happier
Bosch motor and battery
The 2022 Moustache Xroad 2 Open is powered by Bosch’s Performance Line Motor, the benchmark in efficient and versatile motors. The PowerTube battery is seamlessly integrated into the frame while remaining easy to take on and off. The integrated charge port on the bike makes recharging a breeze.
The luggage rack with QL3 system means you can attach the Moustache by Ortlieb panniers in seconds, giving the Xroad even more versatility. Its wide platform also makes it compatible with a large range of child seats. The MIK integration allows for quick fitting of a wide range of Basil bags and accessories. Exclusive tubular Moustache mud-guards, ultra solid and reliable, are perfectly centred over the wheel to keep you and your bike dry and clean in all conditions.
Designed specifically with Australian and New Zealand conditions in mind the Xroad ticks every box for comfort, reliability and style. Consumer Magazine NZ shares our high praise for the Xroad, click here to read their thoughts on the Xroad range.
Key benefits of the Xroad 2:
- Moustache’s industry-leading open-frame design
- Bosch’s Performance Motor Line delivers smooth, intuitive and near-silent power
- Bosch’s 500wh PowerTube Battery allows you to ride more and charge less
- The 30 Lux Integrated Front Light means you’ll see and be seen, day and night
- A Shimano 9spd Drivetrain gives you a wide range of gears as well as outstanding durability
- Moustache’s Dual wall Mudguards are lightweight, functional and stylish
- The QL3 Ortlieb Compatible Rack and MIK System Integration makes your options for carrying luggage limitless
- All Moustache Bikes come direct from their Golbey facility in France (about the same size as Mudgee), which handles both R/D and production