Open frame design
With its open frame, an integrated Bosch 625Wh PowerTube battery, Bosch’s Performance Line CX motor, a 100mm travel fork and a suspension seatpost the Moustache Xroad 5 Open is the epitome of versatility and comfort. The Xroad comes equipped with practical and stylish accessories such as its new luggage rack and powerful lights front and rear. The new Xroad is as perfect for getting about day-to-day as it is for exploring further afield on the weekend.
With its triple cavity frame design Moustache haven’t needed to compromise on stiffness or weight unlike many other open frame designs flooding the bike industry. This design feat makes this bike perfect whether you’re looking for a daily commuter, getting off the beaten track, or simply getting some fresh air on the everyday commute.
For so many reasons the Moustache Xroad is Australia and New Zealand’s most sought after Rail Trail machine. With 80mm of trail-smoothing suspension and an ultra-comfortable suspended seatpost, the perfectly balanced ride will have you riding further, faster and happier
Bosch motor and battery
The Moustache Xroad 5 Open is powered by Bosch’s Performance Line CX motor, the benchmark in efficient and versatile motors. The PowerTube battery is seamlessly integrated into the frame while remaining easy to take on and off. The integrated charge port on the bike makes recharging a breeze.
The luggage rack with QL3 system means you can attach the Moustache by Ortlieb panniers in seconds, giving the Xroad even more versatility. Its wide platform also makes it compatible with a large range of child seats. The MIK integration allows for quick fitting of a wide range of Basil bags and accessories, with more brands coming soon. Exclusive tubular Moustache mud-guards, ultra solid and reliable, are perfectly centred over the wheel to keep you and your bike dry and clean in all conditions.
Designed specifically with Australian and New Zealand conditions in mind the Xroad ticks every box for comfort, reliability and style. Consumer Magazine NZ shares our high praise for the Xroad, click here to read their thoughts on the Xroad range.
Key benefits of the Moustache Xroad 5 Open:
- Moustache’s new, industry-leading, open-frame design
- Bosch’s Performance Line CX Motor provides smooth, intuitive and near-silent power
- Bosch’s 625wh PowerTube Battery allows you to ride more and charge less
- The 80Lux Integrated Front Light means you’ll see and be seen, day and night
- The Shimano 11spd Drivetrain provides a wide and durable range of gears
- Moustache’s Dual wall Mudguards are not only the most stylish on the market but also the most durable and functional
- The QL3 Ortlieb Compatible Rack AND MIK System Integration gives you limitless options for carrying luggage
- All Moustache Bikes come direct from their Golbey facility in France (about the same size as Mudgee), which handles both R/D and production